2021 has been a record year for TV and radio complaints to the OFCOM broadcasting team.
They’ve topped 150,000 – an increase of 124% on last year. This does not include complaints about the BBC, which are handled by the BBC in the first instance.
Top 10 most complained about moments of 2021:
Good Morning Britain (8 March) - 54,595 complaints about Piers Morgan and discussion about Oprah's interview with the Duke And Duchess Of Sussex.
Love Island (6 August) - 24,291 complaints about Fay's behaviour towards Teddy.
Celebrities: What Happed To Your Face? - 7,125 complaints about remarks made on the appearance of several celebrities in the programme.
Oprah with Meghan And Harry - 6,486 complaints about the interview.
Love Island (28 July) - 4,337 complaints about the delivery of a postcard to Casa Amor.
6. Lorraine (6 December) - 3,769 complaints about Dr Hilary Jones' comments regarding the number of unvaccinated people in hospital.
7. Good Morning Britain (9 March) - 3,429 complaints about a variety of issues including Piers Morgan asking Charlotte Hawkins to stand so that viewers could see the skirt she was wearing.
8. Good Morning Britain (1 November) - 2,632 complaints about Dr Hilary Jones criticising a fake Coronavirus information leaflet, and then Richard Madeley tearing it up.
9. Good Morning Britain (1 June) - 2,104 complaints about a debate entitled 'Ditching unvaccinated friends?'
10. This Morning (26 February) - 1,942 complaints about a segment called 'How To Lose The Lockdown Pounds'.