Simon Cowell is reportedly planning to revive The X Factor for a new series next year.
Producers have reportedly "signed a deal" with Channel 5, according to Star On Sunday. Production is said to begin later this year, with the aim for the series to air mid-late 2023.
A source told The Daily Star: "As soon as X-Factor was up for grabs, there was interest from a number of the networks. X-Factor is one of the most iconic shows in TV history, so it’s no surprise lots of channels were keen...
"The production company had their pick. After a lot of meetings, execs decided to go with Channel 5...
"This is the start of a new chapter for X Factor. Moving to a new channel gives the creative team a chance to completely revamp the format and do something different."
The X Factor last aired on ITV in 2019, where it ended with a Celebrity series followed by X Factor: The Band. ITV last year said it had no plans for future series.
Last month, a source told Daily Star On Sunday: "It has been decided that the time if right to bring X Factor back. It's really exciting. Everyone who will be working on the new series can't wait to get started."
A source added: "Things are in the early stages at the moment. But the wheels are definitely in motion. It is hoped that production will begin at the end of the year... Producers want to recapture the magic the show had when it was first on TV...
"The focus will be on the competition element of the show, rather than the razzle dazzle."
TV Zone has approached Channel 5 for comment.