The ten biggest TV dramas of the year have been revealed.
The list is compiled of dramas from BBC One and ITV1, and rankings are based on 28-day 4-screen data from BARB. This takes into account the performance over the first 4 weeks (28 days) from first broadcast and includes all iPlayer/ITV Hub viewing.
The top 10 dramas of 2022 are:
1. The Tourist (BBC 1) - 11.4m
2. Trigger Point (ITV1) - 10.9m
3. The Thief, His Wife and The Canoe (ITV1) - 10.1m
4. The Responder (BBC 1) - 9.5m
5. Death in Paradise (BBC 1) - 9.1m
6. SAS Rogue Heroes (BBC 1) - 9.0m
7. Call the Midwife (BBC 1) - 8.7m
8. Sherwood (BBC 1) - 8.6m
9. Silent Witness (BBC 1) - 8.2m
10. Our House (ITV1) - 8.0m
Charlotte Moore, BBC’s Chief Content Officer says: “In a time of so much competition and choice, the sheer scale of BBC drama in 2022 clearly demonstrates how the BBC continues to punch well above its weight...
"In our centenary year, millions have turned to the BBC for our ambitious range of world-class drama from writers at the top of their game. Despite all the millions spent on global platforms, I’m proud of our hit rate and our unrivalled commitment to telling stories from across the UK.”
All episodes of all the above dramas are available on BBC iPlayer and ITVX respectively.