ANT & DEC TO 'PAUSE' SATURDAY NIGHT TAKEAWAY AFTER 20th SERIES IN 2024
As they embark upon their 20th series, Ant & Dec today announce that the multiple BAFTA Award winning Saturday Night Takeaway will take a break after 2024. The series previously took a pause in 2009, returning four years later in 2013.
The pair will continue their exclusive working relationship with ITV, hosting hit shows including I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, Britain’s Got Talent and Limitless Win, all of which air across ITV1 and ITVX.
Ant says: “We love making Saturday Night Takeaway, but reaching the milestone of 20 series seemed like the perfect time to pause for a little while and catch our breath.” Dec adds: “We still have a momentous 20th series to look forward to first so we will do our best to go out (for now) with a bang in 2024!” Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, produced by Lifted Entertainment (part of ITV Studios) and Mitre Studios, will return next year for its 20th series. The series has spawned numerous iconic segments, including Win the Ads, Undercover, Get Out Of Me Ear, The End of Show Show and the Happiest Minute of the Week.
The most recent series launched in February with ITV1’s biggest overnight audience of the year, attracting 6.4 million viewers, and the biggest entertainment audience across any channel.
The show’s combination of live, high energy, feel good fun has seen the format achieve multiple BAFTA and National Television Awards since launching in 2002. Kevin Lygo, ITV Managing Director, Media and Entertainment, said “When you think of Saturday night television you think of Saturday Night Takeaway. Over 20 series the show has become a cultural phenomenon, and while we eagerly anticipate what Ant & Dec have up their sleeves for the 2024 series, we completely understand their desire to take a pause, take stock, and think about what the next incarnation of the show might look like.”
Saturday Night Takeaway is available on ITVX.